• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Welcome! Welcome!

So, what’s my blog about? A little bit of this, a little bit of that, tons about Jackson and a sprinkle of Spina Bifida awareness. Why? Because that’s our life and we want to share it with you. Hope you enjoy!

Most Popular Post!

  • He's Here!!!
    So, on Monday Jackson was super active, like rolling, flipping, kicking all day.  It was the weirdest thing.  He had never been that active....

He's Here!!!

So, on Monday Jackson was super active, like rolling, flipping, kicking all day.  It was the weirdest thing.  He had never been that active.  Tuesday....back to his "old self", slightly lazy but still letting me know he was there.  Tuesday night and Wednesday morning was a completely different story.

To be honest, I was a little nervous that I hadn't been feeling him move at all starting Tuesday night.  So I called SPA Wednesday morning letting them know that I hadn't really felt him move.  I was thinking that I was being a little paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  They told me to head right over to Strong to get checked out.  So, I ditched work and went over.  As soon as I started the drive over, I felt him move.  Little booger!  I went anyways and had a non-stress test and everything checked out fine.  Back to work I went around 12:30.

Well, 3:30 rolls around and I stand up to go get some sort of snack because I was starving and.....uh oh!  Water broke!  I had always been nervous that my water would break at work and sure enough it did.  I'm glad I wore black pants to work yesterday!  I'm also glad I packed my bags on Monday night.  Some sorta intuition I guess.

I IM'd my friend Shannon at work and said...."Dude, I think my water just broke!".  Luckily, she helped me out big time.  Went to the car and got my bag, helped me to the bathroom (the LONGEST walk ever!!!!!!), made several phone calls for me and drove me back to the hospital.  Jason made it to the hospital without getting a speeding ticket and our families weren't far behind!

By the time I got to the hospital and up to the floor, my contractions were 3 minutes apart.  Something I was not prepared for.  I was expecting a c-section next week.  I give all of you natural moms props.....I don't think I'm made for natural childbirth!  LOL.  But I breathed through them, got prepped for surgery and by 6:30pm little Jackson made his entrance into the world.  I only got to see him briefly before he was whisked away to the NICU and I went to recovery.  Jason on the other hand, ditched me as soon as Jackson could have visitors.  Ha, I don't blame him because I probably would've done the same thing ;).






The lesion on his spine is just where they thought it was....lower sacral area.  He does have quite a bit of movement in his legs and feet which is good news!  It still doesn't necessarily mean that he will be able to walk once he gets older, but it is definitely a good sign!  He went for an MRI last night.  They are still seeing that there is excess fluid on the brain but they are choosing to wait to place a shunt and continue to monitor it.  They feel that it will be better to wait until his head grows a little more.

The grandmas and grandpas were able to go into the NICU and hold Jackson today and my sisters were able to go in and see him too!  Tomorrow, Jason's sisters will be able to go in and see the little guy in person too!  I'm so glad he's been doing well enough to have visitors because pictures are great but seeing him in person is so much better.  We probably won't let many more people go into the NICU to see him, but after he's home we'll be up for visitors.




He is scheduled to go into surgery tomorrow morning around 7:30 to have the lesion closed.  I was finally able to go down to the NICU this morning and hold him.  I'm so glad I was able to do that as it will be a few days after surgery until I can again.  He is so precious!  I can't believe that he's here finally!  We are so blessed! 

Thanks again for all of the prayers and good wishes!  Keep them coming and I'll keep ya updated.
Read More 1 Comment | Posted By Robin edit post

1 Comment

  1. Krysten on May 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM

    I know I'm not a professional medical anything, but his head size looks normal to me! I've def seen the super hydrocephalus kids at work, and he doesn't look like that at all! And um, maybe he just has daddy's head shape and size? hehe

     


Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Another Smith Family Blog


I started this blog as a way to keep family and friends, near and far, up-to-speed on what was going on with Jackson. Jackson was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. When he was born, he had to have surgery to close the lesion on his back and then had a follow-up a month later for his shunt placement. My goal was to make sure everyone got an updateon how things were going and what better way to mass-update then the good ole interweb ;) And since everyone isn't on FB (WHAT!?!), I figured that a blog would be the next best thing.


Since then, the blog has morphed into a plethora of stuff ranging from date nights, favorite recipes (okay, haven't posted any recipes yet, but they are in the works), our dog, our house, my awesome hubby, projects from Pinterest that I actually complete, SB awareness and what's going on in Jackson's world. I'll be honest, it's 73% about Jackson and raising a child with SB, at least according to my last calculation. Oh, and pictures. Lots of pictures.


Looking for an Older Post?

  • ► 2015 (4)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (2)
  • ► 2014 (8)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► March (3)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2013 (49)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► September (4)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► July (11)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► April (2)
    • ► March (4)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► January (10)
  • ► 2012 (28)
    • ► December (1)
    • ► November (4)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► September (4)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► June (2)
    • ► May (3)
    • ► April (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► January (3)
  • ▼ 2011 (28)
    • ► December (7)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (14)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► July (2)
    • ▼ May (3)
      • He's Here!!!
      • One More Week......(maybe)
      • Another Smith Family Effin’ Project

About Me

My photo
Robin
Gorham, New York, United States
I’m a notorious procrastinator, a Martha Stewart wanna-be (minus the orange jump suit), and I have a high attention to detail, although some people might just consider me a control freak, perfectionist pain-in-the-arse! Oh yeah, and I’m a tad sarcastic. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years and we have one amazing little toddler, Jax. Our other "baby" is a 4 year old Great Dane who thinks he's a lap-dog. All in all, I love my life!
View my complete profile

Followers

Another Smith Family Blog

Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Another Smith Family Blog. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top