• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Welcome! Welcome!

So, what’s my blog about? A little bit of this, a little bit of that, tons about Jackson and a sprinkle of Spina Bifida awareness. Why? Because that’s our life and we want to share it with you. Hope you enjoy!

Most Popular Post!

  • He's Here!!!
    So, on Monday Jackson was super active, like rolling, flipping, kicking all day.  It was the weirdest thing.  He had never been that active....

Father's Day Weekend 2012

What a great, busy Father's Day weekend we had!  I can't say that all activities were done in the name of Father's Day but I'm gonna recap it all anyways :)

Saturday we went over to Camp-In-The-Woods for coffee hour.  We wanted to thank everyone over there for all of their support this past year with Jax.  They've done so many nice things for him and are champion pop-tab savers.  So, we signed up for coffee hour this week and provided some refreshments.  It's so nice to see how much everyone over there loves Jackson.

Saturday afternoon was our first GRSBA event that we've been able to go to.  What's GRSBA you ask?  Well, let me tell you....Greater Rochester Spina Bifida Association.  They had a summer picnic to celebrate their 40th anniversary.  There was a magician, comedian, a band and tons of yummy food!  It was so nice to finally meet some other families who have children with Spina Bifida.  Not that we don't have a great support system of family and friends now, but it'll be nice to add that extra layer of wisdom from those that are also raising a child with SB.  It is such a great group of families and I can't wait to become more involved!  And, we super scored with the basket raffle and 50/50 drawing!  I won two gift baskets (Dunkin Donuts and Delta Sonic) and Jackson won the 50/50 drawing.  Wahoo! 


Special thanks to my parents for tagging along with us to the picnic.  I'm glad that they were able to be there.  We decided that was a perfect time to give Grandpa his Father's Day gift.  Jackson really enjoyed helping him open his card.



On our way to the picnic we stopped at the Ronald McDonald House to drop off the pop-tabs that have been collected so far.  We also dropped off some cupcakes in honor of Jackson's birthday.  They were so happy to see us and even gave Jackson a ducky beanie baby.  So nice of them!




On Sunday morning we had Jason's parents over for breakfast.  Waffles, bacon and sausage....oh my!  On top of all of the other breakfast goodies we were all stuffed!  Jax and I gave Daddy some Wii games for Father's Day that he had had a good time trying out in the Cabela's store last month.  Both him and Grandpa had a good time playing them.  I don't think Daddy liked it though when Mommy whooped his butt the first time she played, but I'm sure he's gotten over it by now.  He just needs to practice more, lol.



Our plan for the rest of the day was to go to the zoo.  But with Jackson going down late for his nap and then napping for almost 2.5 hours on top of Jason taking a little Father's Day snooze of his own, it didn't work out.  But we enjoyed a nice, quiet day at home and had a yummy dinner together.  Jax even got to try out his swimming pool that he got for his birthday.  It was a little too hot outside and with no shade I thought that an indoor swimming pool would be a good idea.  Jax thought it was a good idea too.



Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!!

Read More 0 Comments | Posted By Robin edit post

0 Comments



Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Another Smith Family Blog


I started this blog as a way to keep family and friends, near and far, up-to-speed on what was going on with Jackson. Jackson was born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus. When he was born, he had to have surgery to close the lesion on his back and then had a follow-up a month later for his shunt placement. My goal was to make sure everyone got an updateon how things were going and what better way to mass-update then the good ole interweb ;) And since everyone isn't on FB (WHAT!?!), I figured that a blog would be the next best thing.


Since then, the blog has morphed into a plethora of stuff ranging from date nights, favorite recipes (okay, haven't posted any recipes yet, but they are in the works), our dog, our house, my awesome hubby, projects from Pinterest that I actually complete, SB awareness and what's going on in Jackson's world. I'll be honest, it's 73% about Jackson and raising a child with SB, at least according to my last calculation. Oh, and pictures. Lots of pictures.


Looking for an Older Post?

  • ► 2015 (4)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► March (2)
  • ► 2014 (8)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► March (3)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2013 (49)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► September (4)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► July (11)
    • ► June (7)
    • ► April (2)
    • ► March (4)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► January (10)
  • ▼ 2012 (28)
    • ► December (1)
    • ► November (4)
    • ► October (5)
    • ► September (4)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ▼ June (2)
      • Father's Day Weekend 2012
      • Jax is One!!
    • ► May (3)
    • ► April (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► January (3)
  • ► 2011 (28)
    • ► December (7)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (14)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► July (2)
    • ► May (3)

About Me

My photo
Robin
Gorham, New York, United States
I’m a notorious procrastinator, a Martha Stewart wanna-be (minus the orange jump suit), and I have a high attention to detail, although some people might just consider me a control freak, perfectionist pain-in-the-arse! Oh yeah, and I’m a tad sarcastic. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years and we have one amazing little toddler, Jax. Our other "baby" is a 4 year old Great Dane who thinks he's a lap-dog. All in all, I love my life!
View my complete profile

Followers

Another Smith Family Blog

Powered by Blogger.
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Another Smith Family Blog. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top