Not sure what "Sleep-In Saturday" is? Well, here's a helpful explanation:
Sleep-in Saturday (noun): the rare occurrence where the stars align and all members of the family, including those of the four-legged variety, receive the memo that extra sleep on the first day of the weekend is a good thing; valued and appreciated act of kindness that ranks extremely high on the "Robin Smith List of Awesomeness", placing higher than McD's caramel frappes, massages, flowers from the husband, and Luke Bryan; has been known to significantly increase happiness and lower irritability and overall bitchiness when implemented on a semi-regular basis. Abbreviation: SIS. Synonyms: Don't-set-the-alarm, Wake-up-in-time-for-lunch, Who-cares-that-the-sun-is-up. Antonyms: Up-at-the-crack-of-dawn, All-night-baby-party, Midnight-dog-barking, I-hate-my-bladder.
^^ How could I not share that brilliantly written, sarcastic, smart-ass definition?! That's some of my best work right there.
Now, for the record, I have considered that there may actually be a good reason that Jax has been waking up other then retaliation for talking about SIS. I'm not that naive. I just found this to be a huge coincidence. ;)
There are a plethora of explanations as to why it's happening - overtired, upset stomach, too cold, too hot, teething, gassy, constipated, headache, hungry/thirsty, trouble breathing (he's got yet another cold brewing), growth spurt, nightmare, etc, etc, etc. and we're working through every scenario to determine the root cause. I'm not too worried that it's anything serious. We'll just try again tonight to make sure everything is attended to so that our little guy can get a good night's sleep.
Besides, there's no guarantee that a child sleeps through the night anyways. We've just been extremely blessed for the most part that he usually does. I just found it extremely fishy that this most recent bout of sleeplessness is taking place so shortly after I mentioned how awesome it was to sleep through the night and sleep in.
I should've knocked on some wood when I posted that on Saturday. LOL.
Catch ya later.



Post a Comment