I started writing this long post on my Facebook wall about last night's conversation I had with Jax and it hit me......you jackwagon, you have a blog. Remember!?! That would be a great place to get this all written down before you forget it.
So, now I'm back. To let you know. I can really write some posts. <---- I'm suddenly in the mood to watch Dirty Dancing. Weird.
Lately, we've been attempting to get Jax to learn some basic things about himself - you know, name, age, birthday, etc. At some point, when he's cooperative I'm going to attempt to video him saying all of those things, because it's so stinkin' cute.
Well, last night he was being extra chatty and I saw that as an opportunity to ask him some other questions just to see what his response was. I figured now was as good a time as any to get his views on life's most-burning questions - like favorite color and what do you want to do when you grow up. ;)
I already shared on my Facebook page his answer to the "What do you want to do when you grow up" but if we aren't friends then you missed out on this super cute answer:
"Ummm, eat cookies. And donuts. And.....run to Wegmans.....and Lowes.....and Wal-Mart"
Really!? Kids say the darndest things, right? I guess we spend too much time going to Weggies, Lowes and Wal-Mart. Ahh, the joys of being a homeowner and adult. I'm pretty sure he got the cookies and donuts thing from Boppy. ;)
I asked him if that was all he wanted to do and he then mentioned something that I translated into "Be on TV". Because, while I'm familiar with Jacksonese, I wouldn't consider myself fluent in Jacksonese.
Guess what kiddo? I'm totally cool with you being on TV. As long as you are getting paid for it. Weatherman, News Anchor, Actor, Game Show Host....those are all perfectly acceptable reasons to be on TV. COPS, Jerry Springer and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are not. Please remember that. K, thanks!
I mention Game Show Host, because I also asked him if he wanted to be a police officer, a lawyer, a game show host or a doctor and he said "Game Show Host" with the biggest smile on his face. Jax LOVES game shows - his current favorites "No Deal, Deal" and "Famly Food" <---that's what he calls them. I really think he likes the numbers and applause. :) Heck, I start applauding him at home more if it gets him to eat his fruits and veggies and pick up the 50 million matchbox cars that are all over the place.
Here are some of the other questions that were answered last night....
How old are you? "Free" <---gotta love the cute little 3 year old lisp
Are you a boy or a girl? His initial response was a Robin-esque look of disgust as if I was asking him the most ridiculous question ever and then he responded with "Boy" which was laced with an attitude of "Duh!".
What's your favorite color? "Gween" <---he seems a little undecided on this one. Because the other day he said "Yellow" and then quickly changed to "Wed". So, the I think the Jax jury is still out on this one.
How old is Mommy? "Five" <---It was a loaded question for sure, but I'm glad he went low instead of choosing another number he likes to recite often - 99!
What's your favorite animal? - "Kitty Cat - Meow, meow"
Who is your friend? "MJ, Eli, Noah, Merica, Nicky" <---all of his buddies from school. Cue my melted heart.
What's your favorite food? "Macroni. And. Cheeeeeeeessssseeeee" <---that was a given.
What's your favorite drink? "Chocolate Milk!!" <---another given
What's your favorite TV show? "Deal, No Deal. Howie Mandel."
What's your favorite number? "Five"
What's your favorite letter? "B"
What's your favorite car? "Chevy! G.M.C.!!" <--darn tootin' there kiddo. Although I think Jeep would've been an acceptable answer too.
So, I don't think that adds up to 20 questions, but there sure were a lot of them. It was so fun to see and hear his answers. For some of them, he actually took a second and put some thought into it. And most of the answers were said with a ear to ear grin. I'll have to do this again some time and see what he comes up with next.
Other cute things that happened last night during our bedtime ritual - numerous requests for hugs and kisses with Mommy and Daddy, tons of laughter while throwing himself backwards on the bed (we like to call that proprioceptive input - it's good for sensory processing) and playing airplane with Daddy.
He also performed a rousing rendition of "Boots and Pants" while he getting his jammies on. I asked him if he wanted to wear shorts or pants to bed and that spiraled into a goofy "Boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants and boots and pants". I think you get my drift, lol. But if not, here's the little piggy singing it too:
'Til next time. Which I'm hoping it sooner rather than later. :)




Post a Comment