Jackson actually turned 18 months on the 25th but we've been super busy and I haven't had a chance to post anything yet. That, and let's face it, we all know I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator and that's a horrible combination. But again, I digress....
In honor of Jackson's 18-month birthday, I made some subway art for him to document some stats and milestones. I found the idea on Pinterest (I know, big surprise) and recreated it in Publisher. It took FOREVER but I think it turned out really cute. Don't you? At least it should be relatively easy to change it for future birthdays.
Jackson had his 18-month check up with his Ped on Wednesday. All-in-all it was a great appointment. We went over all of the reports he'd been given from his other doctors and discussed how all of his therapy is going and what upcoming appointments he will have. Basically, we were told Jackson is doing great and to keep up the good work.
Jackson weighed in at 28 lbs. 3 oz. which puts him in the 80th percentile. Still bigger than most boys his age but that percentage hasn't increased since his last appointment so that's a good thing. And it's definitely better than when he was six months old and measuring off the charts! It's harder for Jackson to "thin out" because he's not as active as other children.
He is now 31.5 inches long which is in the 20 - 30th percentile. This is a drop as last time he was in the 50th percentile. This is a harder to accurately measure because he's a wiggle worm on the table but the doc wasn't too concerned about it. It's possible that he was "over-measured" last time and this time it's more accurate. Weight-bearing promotes bone growth and since Jackson isn't really weight-bearing at this point he will most likely be shorter than most boys his age. This is one of the things that is Ortho is monitoring and we're hoping that by getting him a stander this will help get those bones growing.
His head size remains at 49 cm which is in the 80th percentile. Again, this is another great measurement as before the shunt placement his head size was off the charts high. Like wicked high.
Jax was great throughout the entire appointment. He gets the VIP treatment from all the receptionists, nurses and doctors while he's there. Not to brag, but he's kind of a rock star. :P Everyone loves him and loves to watch him grow. When I was checking out and making his next appointment (June 2013) I could see all the nurses across the way checking him out so we made sure to stop over and say "Hello and Happy Holidays". One of them reminisced about how they all got to take turns holding him a few appointments back when I was in to get my ears flushed. And how they remember when he was just born.....
It really warms my heart to hear that. While I am not a fan of the OB/GYN department at Canandaigua Medical Group (long waits, just a number, incapable of delivering diagnoses, among other things), I absolutely love the Pediatric department, especially Dr. Alling and his nurse Sue. Due to Jackson's Spina Bifida diagnosis there is a note in his chart that he only sees Dr. Alling which further promotes Jackson's VIP status (LOL). They are great with the everyday stuff and know when it's appropriate to refer to specialists for their opinions. They both have experience with children with Spina Bifida so that was a plus for us as well when we were deciding on a Ped for Jackson.
Okay, back to the celebration. Happy 18 Months Jackson! We're so thankful that you are in our lives!




Post a Comment