Wow! Here we are knocking on July's door and I haven't even finished blogging about all the things we did in May and June. And we did some pretty amazing stuff. Tsk, tsk.
By my calculations, we're up to Mother's Day. We had breakfast Mother's Day morning with my side of the family over at my parent's place at Camp-In-The-Woods. Sausage biscuits and gravy, oh my! The rest of the day we spent with Jason's side of the family at Genesee Country Village and Museum. Going to GCV&M is a tradition. We usually go every Mother's Day (or at least once a year).
Jackson wanted to make his Grandmas something special for Mother's Day, so we did some handprint flowers. This was our first (Jackson and myself) venture into fingerpainting. I know, he's almost two and we're just starting fingerpainting. Wait, I take that back. For Jason's first Father's Day we did a handprint/footprint thing. But, that involved three adults trying to get that done (remember that fun, Mom and Amanda? We should've took pictures of that! LOL). I was all alone on this one.
He actually had already done some fingerpainting at school just that same week because he made me this very cute artwork for Mother's Day:
![]() |
| Prominently displayed on our fridge :) |
I consider myself somewhat brave for attempting this art project. Jackson doesn't like his hands touched and has some sensory issues, so fingerpainting isn't really his thing. He prefers to use brushes. But, I had it in my mind that we were going to do this. It would be good for both of us - we each have some sort of sensory issue to overcome. Four different colored-flowers on two separate pieces of paper equaled 8 times he would need his hand painted. Easy peasy, right?
Not entirely. He didn't through an all-out fit about it, but was definitely uncomfortable. We took breaks in between colors and I let him paint with brushes for a little while in between. He had a great time doing that. But when it came time to get his hand painted (and then cleaned off) he was not a happy camper.
Nonetheless, we pushed through and this was our final output. Cute, right?
Now, rather than bore you with more of my endless babble, here's some pictures from our Mother's Day festivities for you to enjoy.
![]() |
| My Mom and her Mother's Day loot |
![]() |
| Jason and his Mom |
![]() |
| At Genessee Country Village and Museum |
![]() |
| Mommy and Jax |















Post a Comment