![]() |
| Uncle Paul |
We got to Walterboro, SC in time to check into a hotel and for Pam and Ken to attend calling hours. Jackson, Jason and I decided to stay back at the hotel so Jackson could get some dinner and chill in the hotel room. Which meant rolling all over the room. Uncle Paul's family was so surprised that we were able to make it down there. We hadn't told them we were coming.
Saturday was the funeral service. Jackson didn't want anything to do with a Southern Baptist service. We tried it, but as soon as the choir started their first hymn he was screaming. It was too loud for him. In an effort to not further disrupt the service, he and I went outside and hung out in the side yard. After the service we went to the cemetery where Uncle Paul received a military burial. Jackson and I stayed in the car as we anticipated the gun salute would not go well either.
After a nap back at the hotel, we met Jason's parents over at Aunt Marie's house and spent some time with the family. It was great to meet everyone and get to know them a little more. Jackson was loving the attention! It would've been nicer to have met them under better circumstances but we are very glad that we were able to make the trip.
Here are some pictures from the trip.
![]() |
| The boys all sleeping. Ken slept most of the way down and back. Lucky dog! |
![]() |
| Jax hanging out with Boppy at the hotel enjoying the nice weather. |
![]() |
| Beautiful Blue Eyes |
![]() |
| Tree at the cemetery |
![]() |
| Jason and Ken at the cemetery |
![]() |
| Ken and Pam with Uncle Paul's flag and plaque. |
![]() |
| All of us with Aunt Marie |
![]() |
| At T.G.I.Fridays in PA scooping out the drink menu. |
Rest in peace Uncle Paul. I'm sorry that Jackson and I were never able to meet you in person but from all the stories I had heard that weekend I feel like we did know you. And many thanks to our SC family for the hospitality. I hope it's not long before we see you all again.












Post a Comment