Duke is our 2.5 year old Great Dane. I got him for Jason for Valentine's Day in 2009. Well, I was joking around with Jason at the time and told him I wanted either a puppy or a baby. He said, "Ok, let's get a dog. But the only dog I want is a Great Dane". He said this thinking there was not way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks that I would want a dog that big. Little did he know I called his bluff and found a breeder in Cohocton. And voila, "Happy Valentine's Day, we're going to pick out a puppy!"
He was such a cute, tiny puppy...with HUGE paws! He still is a cute puppy to me.
He's been really great with Jax. Wants to smell him everytime he gets home and needs to always know where he is.
Duke's biggest problem is that he doesn't know how big he is. A hip check from Duke will send you flying. A lap dog he certainly is not, but he thinks he is. He loves to sit on your lap. We warn all the kids that come over that they shouldn't run around Duke because he thinks you want to play and will probably end up knocking you over. But, it doesn't matter how much you try to warn the kids, they get excited and want to play and so does Duke. I'm pretty sure everyone's been knocked over at least once...sorry! It's nice to see though that they keep coming back for more. Duke really loves to play with the kids and always sleeps like a baby after they've been here.
He was such a well-behaved dog while Jamie McKenna was here taking pics of Jax that she wanted to do some of Duke too. I think he might be a little bit of a camera magnet too!












Post a Comment