I've decided to institute a new weekly feature - Foodie Friday!! Each week I'll share a favorite recipe of mine, whether its an oldie-but-goodie that everyone always asks about or a brand spankin' new one that I've found on Pinterest. What do you think? Sound like a good idea?
This week's recipe is Brownie Batter Dip. It is uh-mazing!!
I just recently found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I'd try it out at the Thirty-One Gifts party I had last month. (Side note: I love Thirty-One stuff! How about you? Do you want to have a party? I'll be there if you do! Go to my good friend Erin's website (www.mythirtyone.com/Rushville) to check out the merchandise, see monthly deals and sign up to host a party!)
Brownie Batter Dip
Serves: 8-10 servings
Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened
4 ounces Nutella
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons cocoa powder, regular or Dutch-process
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-4 tablespoons milk
Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
Pretzels, strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers, animal crackers, or apples for dipping
Directions:
Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, Nutella and butter together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix until smooth.
Add additional powdered sugar or milk if needed, until the desired consistency is reached. You want the dip to be soft enough to easily dip a pretzel without breaking it, but stiff enough to hold its shape and not be runny.
Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
Source: As seen on Pinterest, adapted from Stick a Fork in It
This is now in my dish-to-pass rotation. It's super easy and quick to put together and everyone that has tried so far loves it. I think this is the cat's meow, especially with strawberries or pretzels. Try it, I know you'll like it! That is, unless you are allergic to chocolate, strawberries or pretzels. Then I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find it appealing. ;)
BTW: Do you follow me on Pinterest? You should. I pin awesome stuff. Click here to view my boards.




Great recipe! I made it last night to rave reviews! Super fun! Just one thing, in the directions the nutella isn't in the step by step instructions. I added it at the end and it turned out great. Thanks for this find!! I will definitely be making it again!
-Kristen Willis
I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for the heads up on the Nutella. I went back and added it in the instruction part. I had added it with the cream cheese and butter, but either way works! :)