Okay, when did we get a two-year-old? How did that happen? I can't believe that Jackson is two already. Everyone wasn't kidding when they said time will fly!
One of Jackson's favorite shows is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It was one of the first shows that he really showed an interest in and responded to. So naturally it was decided that we would do a Mickey Mouse theme for his birthday. You guessed it, off to Pinterest I went in search of cool, fun, awesome Mickey Mouse b-day party ideas and there were tons of them!
We had a great day with our friends and family and were really glad so many of them were able to join us to celebrate our little dude's birthday. A lot of our family and friend's donated to the Stroll for Strong in lieu of gifts and we couldn't thank you enough for that. It was so nice to give back to the hospital that has been so great to our family. And he gots tons of fun toys, books, clothes and movies that he's been playing with ever since!
We left Jackson's TLSO and glasses at home because we knew he'd be too hot to wear the TLSO and we'd spend too much time trying to keep his glasses on. But, we did bring his wheelchair and stander. He had a great time wondering around on his own and playing with his cousins and friends. We had Mickey coloring pages, a Mickey Mouse bean bag toss, a ball pit, and a basketball hoop and water/rice table to play with (both were gifts!). Combine that with some yummy food and you've got yourself a good time!
Alright, who wants to see some pics from that day?
![]() |
| Photo by Ten Feet Photo. Invite and Other Printables by AbbyReeseDesign |
![]() |
| It just so happened that the Town of Benton's Court sign fit nicely into our color scheme. ;) |
![]() |
| Had a great time putting this together! I think it turned out great. Idea for the Mickey Topiary came from this pin I saw in Pinterest. |
![]() |
![]() |
| Decided last minute to decorate some of the cupcakes like this - and I'm so glad I did! I loved how they turned out. The rest of the cupcakes had Mickey sprinkles on them. |
![]() |
| The water/sand table that Grandpa insisted on putting rice in so the kids could play with it. He had a great time playing with them (and cleaning it all up off the floor afterwards!). |
![]() |
| Jackson's new basketball hoop from Mommy and Daddy. I see a player in our future! ;) |
![]() |
| Jackson says "Thank you for coming to my party! Love you all!" (Custom shirt made by Grandma, inspired by this listing on Etsy.) |
Happy 2nd Birthday, Jackson Timothy! We hope you had an awesome time at your party. We love you soooooo much!
















Post a Comment