When given the option between making a cake and making cupcakes, I choose cupcakes every time. I find them so much easier to decorate - the larger space of a cake gives me anxiety. It's easier for me to be more creative on a smaller surface. There's too much space on a cake to come up with a theme that doesn't look amateurish (<--is that even a word?) and my decorator handwriting leaves something to be desired.
![]() |
| Wilton Dessert Decorator (Source: Bed, Bath & Beyond) |
With that being said, using regular old frosting for my cupcakes is just not sufficient. This decorator do-hickey dispenses an over-abundance of frosting on top of the cupcake, so it's not cost-effective to buy those little tubs of frosting. It's so much easier, and cheaper, to make your own frosting. I found this recipe a long time ago on All Recipes (you know, that website you went to for recipes before Pinterest came along). I've been using it for a long time and everyone always asks me for the recipe. So, now you can find it right here on my blog. One more reason to stop by and visit.
Buttercream Frosting
Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp. Clear Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 8 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
Directions:
- Cream the butter and shortening together until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth
See, that's it! Easy Peasy! Feel free to send me a thank-you cupcake as a token of your appreciation for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Here's some of my more recent cupcake creations and a pic of The Cupcake Boss himself.
![]() |
| Jackson's Mickey Mouse Cupcakes |
![]() |
| Halloween Cupcakes |
![]() |
| The Cupcake Boss |
Well, the cat is out of the bag. I can no longer call this my Super Secret Cupcake Frosting. That's okay, though. I don't mind sharing. Enjoy and happy cupcaking!


.jpg)




Post a Comment