Jason finally succumbed to the peer wife pressure of gardening last year. I had mentioned several times since we moved into our house that I wanted to do a little veggie garden and he had always protested. Up until last year, when he decided that doing a little garden would be a good idea. It was nothing huge. Just a few raised bed gardens made out of pallets with some tomatoes, zucchini, squash, peppers and cucumbers. We even did some pumpkins that Jackson and his cousins ended up painting. I'm not sure what changed his mind, but I think it was the fact that he could water the garden while laying down:
This year, he decided to go a little bigger. We used the same three raised beds and then added another section over by the neighbor's corn field. I think we still have all of the above-mentioned veggies, just more of them. We haven't gone full-blown green-thumbs, whereas we started out with seeds. We'll get there eventually, but for now we started with plants from Beacon's Farm Market and I think we also got some from one of the Mennonite stores in the area.
Jackson and Daddy had fun planting the garden. Really, Jackson had more fun chewing on the gardening tools that Grandma and Grandpa got him for his birthday. But, it was some fun, family bonding time spent outside in the sun. Can't complain about that, right?
We're looking forward to spending the rest of the summer munching on some fresh veggies! And maybe even attempting some sauce or salsa. We'll see. ;)















Post a Comment